Saturday 7 June 2008

Tapas


Tapas is one of my favourite meals out. Not tried doing it at home yet. My cousin J (who shares same birthday as me but is ten years younger) came for an overnight stay with her new husband. Its the first time I’ve met J’s husband. They got married in Las Vegas just before Christmas last year, and I got up in the middle of the night to watch it via web cam. It was brilliant! I was in my jim jams with a glass of bubbly enjoying their chapel wedding.


Met on Friday afternoon and went to a nice country pub. Always feels like I’m playing truant when I go out somewhere like that during a week day. Then we met up with my brother and his three children and went for a Tapas. The bar was heaving with people, but we booked our table and just drank and chatted at the bar. It was loud and very atmospheric. We had to wait an hour for a table but we didn’t mind. There was lots of banter and family telling of tales.


The food and the company was brilliant. I think one of the things I love about Tapas is that its so informal, and that you just try lots of different dishes. My eldest nephew wanted to see his auntie a bit tipsy so he ordered a few shots, and of course I had to partake. I was pleasantly mellow but not tipsy, much to my nephews disappointment.


My cousin J and her hubby are off to Wembly Arena today to see the Foo Fighters and then will meet up with them afterwards. Its a real family chill out weekend, which I love.


Enjoy your weekend.


Hugs

No comments: